- Activities For Kids
- Arts & Crafts
- By Age Group
- Fun Activities
- Learning Activities
- Thematic Units
- Family Love
- Food Love
- House Love
- About Me
Cleaning is not something that I really love, but vacuuming for some odd reason is. I’ve always been intrigued by vacuums, so I was excited to try out the new Bissell CleanView Deluxe. I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom It Forward for BISSELL. I received a product sample to test and review.
Bissell advertises these features of the CleanView vacuum:
- OnePass Technology allows for fast and easy cleaning with powerful suction so you can spend less time vacuuming and more time enjoying family, friends and pets.
- Innovative brush design cleans on initial pass* for excellent carpet cleaning.
- Includes Bottom Easy Empty™ Dirt Cup for added convenience.
- Lightweight design is modern, uncomplicated and easy to maneuver.
- On-board attachments include a 4” TurboBrush® tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery and hard-to-reach places, a 10” crevice tool for nooks, crannies and corners and an upholstery tool and 11” extension wand for added convenience.
There was some assembly required, but it really took me less than 5 minutes to do. The directions on the box lid were a little unclear, but it’s not rocket science if you just look at the vacuum itself to see where the different parts go.
I have a 21 month old that is a snacker. He carries his little snack container around and often likes to dump it out – little crumbs and all. I figured this would be the perfect test for the one pass technology. I like the idea of only having to go over a mess one time and it’s all vacuumed up. I imitated his typical dumping habit and the result was this:
I made one, relatively slow, pass over the mess. It picked up a ton of it – but not all. There were still some visible crumbs in the path of the vacuum. I went over it one more time, and it got it all. The amount of mess that my 21 month old can leave behind is not your typical mess, so this was a great result to be able to pick up as much of the crumbs as it did.
As I was vacuuming the rest of the living room I noticed that the Bissell is fairly heavy and harder to push; much more than our current vacuum, however it did a fantastic job of getting up the dirt.
I went to use the smaller suction powered brush to vacuum the couch and found that the tube to use attachments is very short. It was hard to pull it away from the vacuum much more than a few feet. I can imagine that using this vacuum to vacuum higher places, like ceiling fans or light fixtures would be difficult. If your main goal for a vacuum is for only carpet – I think this one would do the trick!
Overall, at a price of around $99, I would say the Bissell CleanView Deluxe is a great deal!
Follow Me By Email: